2005 Christmas Swag

Well, I am more of a giver than a receiver, so I don't ask for much of anything and am usually surprised at what actually shows up. So despite the fact that Santa once again ignored my letter requesting a Toshiba Qosmio, here is what I ended up with:

1. Beer: A case of Pilsner Urquell, my favorite Czech beer. This one was from me to me just to be on the safe side. No sense leaving beer purchases in the hands of amateurs.

2. Books: The Sword of Angels by John Marco. The third and final book in his trilogy. A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin. The third of four (so far) books in this series. Crossing the Rubicon by Michael Ruppert. A book alleging that Bush and his cronies were involved in orchestrating the events of 9/11. A $30 Borders card arrived as well to cover any other book purchases.

3. Software: Psychonauts for PC, from the same guy who did Grim Fandango.

4. A Logitech Mobile Freedom Bluetooth Headset for my cell phone so that I can look like either Mr. Spock or all those other morons who wear these things. I actually wanted it just to wear in my car as I drive a stick shift and although I can use a variety of body parts to steer, shift and hold both a cup of coffee and cell phone, this will come in quite handy.

5. A $10 Starbucks card, and a bunch of candy and nuts, including the seasonal Candy Cane Tootsie Roll Pops. I also found Hershey's Kisses with cordial cherries in the middle. Yum.

6. Clothes. I feel the same about getting clothes at Christmas as I did when I was six years old. Ick!

7. DVDs: No Direction Home, covering Bob Dylan's early years. Blade Runner, to replace my old VHS tape copy of the film.

The rest of the family got Sirius satellite radios, jewelry, clothing, books, DVDs and other frilly stuff. The dogs got treats and squeaky toys.

Three hours from now the relatives are arriving to exchange gifts, eat food and get into fights with each other. I can hardly wait. Whee!

I hope your holidays are/were wonderful.