2006 Oscar nominations

For Best Actor: ANYONE except Philip Seymour Hoffman. I just can't stand the guy. I was so happy when he died in Red Dragon.

For Best Supporting Actor: Give it to Jake Gyllenhaal for Brokeback Mountain. While I LOVED A History of Violence, I don't think William Hurt should be up for an award.

For Best Actress: Cameron Diaz's performance in In Her Shoes certainly should have received a nomination for Best Actress!

And I don't even like Cameron Diaz.

Best Supporting Actress: I don't know.

Best Animated Feature Film: Wallace & Gromit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit. DUH! Tim Burton's Corpse Bride was a total loser and Howl's Moving Castle is just more lame anime.

Art Direction: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Sorry I just can't even see the art direction in King Kong.

Cinematography: Brokeback Mountain. No skill required here, just spectacular scenary.

Costume Design: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was about the only thing worthwhile in the film.

Director: Ang Lee for Brokeback Mountain, but really to make up for him not getting it for Hulk.

Best documentary feature: March of the Penguins. I liked it but it convinced me that I do not want to visit Antarctica or be a penguin.

Best documentary short subject: Dunno. Didn't see any of them.

Achievement in film editing: Cinderella Man

Best foreign language film of the year: I missed all of these.

Achievement in makeup: Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. Hell yeah!

Original score: Brokeback Mountain

Original song: I don't know although I find it odd that Walk The Line didn't have any nominations in this category.

Best motion picture of the year: Brokeback Mountain. I love nature films. This one had horses, bulls, LOTS of sheep and a token bear.

Best animated short film and Best live action short film: Missed em all.

Achievement in sound editing and Achievement in sound mixing: War of the Worlds. The alien foghorn was eerie.

Achievement in visual effects: King Kong. The gorilla versus the dinosaurs thing was great.

Adapted screenplay: Brokeback Mountain. The CLEAR winner. Adapting that screenplay from a short story.

Original screenplay: None of the nominees stood out based on dialogue or anything else.

No comments: