Dell XPS Mobile Concept

Woo hoo! The Dell XPS Mobile Concept! I wanted one of these the first time I saw a photo of one! Who cares that this product weighs EIGHTEEN (that's right 18!) pounds? With a 20.1 inch wide screen its not like you would be lugging this thing around on a school campus. Then again if you are The Incredible Hulk, maybe you would. If I were leaving town for more than 2 or 3 days, I would take this with me.

In addition to its awesome 20.1" screen, it has a Bluetooth keyboard that plugs into the unit for traveling and for recharging. Microsoft and HD-DVD be damned! Dell has chosen to put a Blu-ray DVD drive in this monster. The sound system sports 8 speakers and a subwoofer!

This is definitely the coolest product I have seen coming out of CES 2006.

Of course the ultimate question (assuming Dell puts this into production) is how much will one of these babies cost?

There are some excellent images of the XPS Mobile Concept at Dell 's CES 2006 site. There are other sites that have additional images, namely Anandtech and Engadget.

Accurate or not, here's what little I seen in the way of specifications:

Operating System:Windows XP Media Center Edition
Drives: Two 2.5" drives running RAID zero
Bluetooth wireless Keyboard with touchpad
Bluetooth handheld remote control
Processor: Dual-core 2.1GHz Intel T2600
8 speakers and a subwoofer
1.3-megapixel camera
Screen: 20.1" LCD
Weight: 18 pounds
Blu-ray DVD player
HDTV tuner

P.S. I just found a big picture (not a photo) on Dell's site.

No comments: