Christmas 2005: The Aftermath 2 weeks later

1. Beer: The Pilsner Urquell has been consumed.

2. Books: I'm halfway through The Sword of Angels. I finished A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin. I am not going to buy the fourth book in this series until it comes to paperback, as I have read several reviews stating that Martin, like Robert Jordan is beginning to milk the series and that the fourth title, A Feast for Crows is just so much filler that doesn't move the saga forward. Crossing the Rubicon is in my "to be read" pile, along with a dozen other books. The $30 Borders card helped cover $50 in additional book purchases.

3. Software: Sigh. I am SO stuck in Psychonauts! It is a fabulous game, but I am at the point where a lot of eye/hand coordination is involved, and my limit in that area is managing to put the correct shoe on the correct foot in the morning. I need to find a 10 year old to get me past this current point in the game.

4. The Logitech Mobile Freedom Bluetooth Headset for my cell phone has come in quite handy just as I thought although I can't figure out how to dial a call and then switch to the headset.

5. The $10 Starbucks card has been spent, and most of the other goodies have been eaten

6. Clothes: I need to exchange a bunch of the clothes as they are too big for my petite little 240 pound body.

7. DVDs: I haven't watched No Direction Home yet. Hopefully it will be as good as Don't Look Back. I did view Blade Runner. The BIG difference between the theatrical cut and this director's cut is the ending, but it's not a really major thing.

No comments: